Wednesday, February 18, 2015

William

 
                                       The Short spring mornings we spent running through the fields,
                              The Long summer nights we spent looking, staring at the stars and dreaming,
                                       The endless winter days we spent watching, waiting, hoping..

               Remember when we rode for so long we got lost and it felt like we were running in circles?
                 Remember when we were riding out to the castles and a wall almost collapsed on us?
    Remember when we decided to explore lake Loch Ness and i fell in? That was terrifying, i couldn't swim.
 Remember when you got sick and i was so worried because if i lost you, who would go exploring with me?

   I knew I wanted you the moment I laid eyes on you, you were the most majestic creature i had ever seen.
                                The way your body glistened in the sunlight was almost like diamonds.
           Your hair was so beautiful.. Long, black, thin, soft, and shiny, that's why I called you Cleopatra.
                   I thought that there was no better way to describe how majestically beautiful you were.
             I even wanted to pamper you with jewelry. But you hated it, and you always won that argument.


                Remember when you became William instead? I remember that day like it was yesterday.
      It was the summer we visited Granny and Grandad's farmhouse near the Dunnottar castle next to the sea.
       I told mum that you and I were going to be princesses for a day and ride out to the castle by the sea.
                  She packed us a picnic basket and said to return to the little farmhouse before sunset.
I remember how your mane glistened in the late morning light as we galloped through the fields of lavender,
                 and how my dress ripped on a tree branch when we took a break under the shade.

     We spent the entire afternoon walking on the shore, hopping on rocks, and exploring the small caves.
                            The sun was slowly starting to fall when we decided to head back.
          As we were walking side by side up the large hill right next to the castle, i stepped on something.
                                                                It was an Adder snake.
                              My adrenaline shot up so fast. I just knew it was going to attack me.
                              I thought you'd be spooked and run, and that i would never find you.
                           But instead you trampled that snake to death before i could even scream.

          That night as i explained the adventure to my mother, she patted you on the neck and praised you.
                            Then i said, "Mum, iv'e decided to change Cleopatra's name to William."
                                                                       "Why is that?"
                  "Because he trampled that snake just like Sir William Wallace trampled the English."
                     She did not proceed to tell me that Sir William did not in fact trample the English.
                                 But at a young age, nothing seemed to be more fitting or resilient.

          William, you will always be my best friend, and the most beautiful animal i have ever laid eyes on.
The memory of you is morphed into my heart like the moon and the stars, The ocean and the shore.
                     I will never forget our spring mornings, our winter days, or our summer nights.
                                    I don't know where you are, but i do know your close by.
                                     I can still feel your soft hair in my hands when I'm running,
                        and the sound of your hooves on the stone flooring when i listen close enough.
                                    Your forever in my heart, as well as everything we ever did.
                                Our adventures echo through Scotland like freedom did in 1305.






                       

No comments:

Post a Comment