Sunday, May 17, 2015

I remember


I remember when my favorite memories were with my cousins.

I remember looking up to people who only looked up to themselves.

I remember thinking i had the greatest childhood.

I remember getting yelled at and thinking i deserved it.

I remember the kitchen, i mean the place where "righteous people" gather to judge everyone else.

I remember the attempt to teach me good from evil and the failure that followed.

I remember when everything was everyone else's fault.

I remember when i thought there was something wrong with me because i was the only person who thought something was wrong with you.

I remember when I spoke up.

I remember when you listened. oh wait. that will never happen.

I remember when no one could be quite as amazing as you, until i realized i only thought so because you did.

I remember when i finally figured it out.

I remember when the powerful people got involved.

I remember when i decided to say screw you and all of your uneducated opinions.

I remember when i decided to forget and never look back.




No comments:

Post a Comment